In this article, we’ll discuss how to install the DAB+ digital radio module onto your Vhedia head unit.
I. Adding the DAB app to your head unit display
- Plug in the USB port of your Vhedia head unit the DAB installer included in your kit.
- On your device, go to APK Installer and click USB.
- Scroll down to find the file you added and click on it. Press “Install” and then “Done”.
- On the Apps list on your head unit display, you should now see the “DAB” icon. You may choose to drag it to the main screen if you easier access to the app.
II. Installing the DAB+ digital radio module and antenna
- Check if you have the two (2) items on your kit: the DAB+ digital radio box and the Antenna.
- Peel off the stick pad and the attached see-through mounting tape to help you attach the antenna on your windshield.
- There is also a three-metre cable attached to your antenna. Run this along the trim of your car. The other end is the connector to your module.
- Screw the antenna connector on the back of the module.
- Remove your head unit from its dashboard slot. You may use the tools from your head unit installation kit.
- The plug attached to the DAB module goes to the back of your Vhedia head unit. You can’t go wrong here as it only fits into one slot (top row, second one from right).
- On the DAB app, do a channel search and the available digital radio channels should appear.
Now you have a good quality digital radio working. DAB+ is really something you need to add to your Vhedia head unit ASAP!
If you experience any trouble in the installation or you have queries regarding our products, feel free to contact our support team here.