What is the Vhedia M-Series
Vhedia M-Series is our brand name for all of our head units that have a M Series processor inside then. Here you will find the most recent Firmware Updates to improve your overall experience with our head units, including up-to-date Apps and much more!
To tell if your head unit is one of M Series ones just check your order email as it will say MT-XXXX so if you had 4 to 6 numbers as the SKU then it is our M Series. Also see if you home page looks like the ones below. If you are unsure just jump on our chat and give your name and we can check for you.
Do I need to update my head unit?
We highly recommend updating your head unit, especially if you’re experiencing bugs or other issues with your overall experience, as this will improve the user experience, optimise performance, and fix bugs. It is also important as we make changes and improves things to give you the best experience that we can. However you will lose saved apps etc as it does a full update of unit.
Checking What Build Version You Have.
You just need to go into Settings – Car Infotainment – About Device : Look at the number on the top line this is your version number.
Note: Every settings and installed apps by the users will be wiped out and back to default settings.
Update Firmware Guide
1. Download the file on a laptop/computer or a Mac. Unzip the downloaded file and copy 8667.bin and 8667.upd files to a USB Flash Drive with 4GB and above storage (We recommend reformatting the USB as FAT32 format to prevent issues with update)
Red button is latest available update
Current Build Number: 2023.12.09
- New default theme added
- Magic Earth app added
- Bluetooth has been set to auto-connect so no need to connect manually each time you use the car
- Fixed some bugs and other changes for a much user-friendly experience
2. Turn car on so Head Unit is on and plug USB into one of the Head unit usb ports. A pop up will show on screen choose UPDATE to run update.
3. This will bring up a loading update screen and once this is done the head unit will reboot then once it reboots a screen will pop up staying installing. The unit will restart when it is all done and you will see the home screen as per usual.
4. Hotspot phone to unit so unit has internet or connect to house WiFi. Open Autolink app and the app will activate.
All done please let us know if any issues
M Series Firmware Update via MAC
M Series Firmware Update via Windows
Would I need a computer to do this?
Yes and also a flash drive reformatted as FAT32 to transfer the files. Our newer kits would have come with a USB flash drive into the kit.
– You can now do it on the head unit itself
What's benefits does it bring to my head unit?
Faster reconnection when connecting Carplay/Android Auto
Works with new hardware
A pop-up doesn't appear when I plug in my usb?
Make sure the USB is reformatted as FAT32 and is plugged in into the USB port labeled 3G/USB that’s coming from the back of the head unit.
Double check the file names in the folder they should be two files in there called 8667.bin and 8667.upd they have to be called these and not have (1) at the end or anything.
Vhedia M Series Handbook
Text Handbook Manual that you can print out or read on your computer.