What is the Vhedia X-Series
Vhedia X-Series is our brand name for all of our head units that we sell on our website. Here you will find the most recent Firmware Updates to improve your overall experience with our head units, including up-to-date Apps and much more!
To tell if your head unit is one of X Series ones just check your order email as it will say VH-XXXX so if you had 4 to 6 numbers as the SKU then it is our X Series. If you are unsure just jump on our chat and give your name and we can check for you.
Do I need to update my head unit?
We highly recommend updating your head unit, especially if you’re experiencing bugs or other issues with your overall experience, as this will improve the user experience, optimise performance, and fix bugs. It is also important as we make changes and improves things to give you the best experience that we can. However you will lose saved apps etc as it does a full update of unit.
Checking What Build Version You Have.
You just need to go into Settings – About Machine – Build Number : Look at the number under here we will put the current build number next to the download buttons below.
Note: Every settings and installed apps by the users will be wiped out and back to default settings.
Zlink – Looks like this
SpeedPlay – Looks like this
File & Guide
– Update you can do from the Head Unit and not even use a computer see Video below. You will still need the USB that came in the kit.
1. First are you using the App “Zlink” or “SpeedPlay” as you will need to choose file below to match. Download the file from here and put it on a USB drive. It should be called kupdate.zip and be a zip file once on the USB.
Most should all be on Speed Play Now so you can Update to SpeedPlay if you were on Zlink
Red button is latest available updateCurrent Build Number: 202307111722 ( please read change log for more info)
Old Build Number: 202306081429
(reformat USB as FAT32 format if having issues)
2. Turn car on so Head Unit is on and plug USB into one of the Head unit usb ports. A pop up will show on screen choose ok to run update.
3. This will bring up a loading update screen and once this is done the head unit will reboot then once it reboots a screen will pop up staying installing. Wait for these to all say ok then click finish button at the bottom.
4. Hotspot phone to unit so unit has internet or connect to house WiFi. Open speedplay app and send us a photo or the QR code and we will activate it for you. (This step is only needed if changing from Zlink to SpeedPlay)
All done please let us know if any issues
From Head Unit Itself
For MAC OS
Dash Cam App
Would I need a computer to do this?
Yes and also a flash drive reformatted as FAT32 to transfer the files. Our newer kits would have come with a USB flash drive into the kit.
– You can now do it on the head unit itself
What's benefits does it bring to my head unit?
Faster reconnection when connecting Carplay/Android Auto
Works with new hardware
A pop-up doesn't appear when I plug in my usb?
Make sure the USB is reformatted as FAT32 and is plugged in into the USB port labeled 3G/USB that’s coming from the back of the head unit.
Double check the file name and it should be only “Kupdate” not “Kupdate(1)”
Fixed some bugs and other changes. Continous improvement on microphone user’s input based from our customer’s statement and fixes connection issues with Apple CarPlay & Android Auto not reconnecting automatically once you get in the car. Also faster Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connection.
Huge improvement on microphone user’s input based from our customer’s statement and fixes connection issues with Apple CarPlay & Android Auto not reconnecting automatically once you get in the car. Also some changes to other bugs and added some better features.
Huge improvement on microphone user’s input based from our customer’s statement and fixes connection issues with Apple CarPlay & Android Auto not reconnecting automatically once you get in the car.
Text Handbook Manual that you can print out or read on your computer.