Having trouble downloading apps to your Vhedia head unit you just bought?
We have here the steps you can do so you can enjoy your favourite apps from your dash.
- Go to Google PlayStore (the counterpart of Apple’s AppStore) to download an app for your head unit. The account you’ll use here can be the same as with your Gmail account or your Android mobile device account.
If you don’t have an Google account yet, click on “Create Account”. Follow the step-by-step account registration process.
- Once you’ve logged in or set-up your account, the PlayStore main page appears on the screen.
- Search for the app you want, like Spotify (for your music streaming service).
By the way, we suggest you get the Premium version of Spotify, as it let’s you download songs or podcasts in your device. Play those music and shows even without an internet connection (offline). Great for those outback trips!
Another popular app is Hema, especially for those 4×4 fanatics.
- Click on “Install” and wait for minute until you see “Open”. Select that button to access the app.
- You can also access your new app via the App menu from the home screen.
Since Vhedia head units are Android-based (which is an open-source platform), you can download almost every app available on PlayStore!
If you have any more queries about Vhedia’s products or troubleshooting concerns, contact us here.