Caravan Rear View Camera and Reverse Camera Kit the ideal kit for to give you a rear view camera and a reverse camera for your caravan.
How does it work at the camera end?
One camera will point down so you can see the rear of the caravan and what is behind it. This camera has a wide angle of view of 120 degrees so you can see what you are backing up to.
The other camera you can point behind you so that you can see what is coming up behind you a rear view camera with a viewing field of 45 degrees.
In the kit you get two 8m cables with dual 4 Pin aviation plugs at both ends. One for the caravan and one for the vehicle. If you need a longer cable for the caravan if you have a larger caravan then we can just add on an extra 8M cable and these just screw together. Cables are heavy duty and built to be outside with a shield line to ensure video quality.
Also in the camera boxes are the two 4 Pin aviation cable to RCA adaptor cables and DC plugs.
Between Vehicle & Caravan?
We included a coil cable and mounting plugs with both caravan and vehicle. This tidies up the install and give you heavy duty plugs with a coil cable to connect the caravan and vehicle together.
The Display End?
At this end you can choose what you do so if you get our clip on HD monitor for you rear view mirror you can just clip this on when you are towing the van and take it off when not using it.
This screen will require an input wire from the reverse input of your car and when you go into reverse it will show the reverse camera and then the rest of time it will show the rear view camera.
Specification Coil Cable
- Type: Coil Cable with mounting kit
- Mounting: 2 x Mounting Brackets
- Length of Coil when Stretched: 4m
- Type: 1080P
- Sensor: APTINA CMOS
- Resolution: 1920*1080 (2.0M Pixels)
- Effective Pixels: 2,000,000 Pixels
- Lens: 2.8mm/8.0mm
- Min Illumination: 0Lux (LED ON)
- IR Led: 15 + 15pcs
- Night Vision Distance: 15m
- Waterproof: IP68
- View Angle: 120°/45°
- Power Voltage: 12V
- Operation Temp: -20℃~+70℃
- Screen Type: 16:9 Mirror Monitor Display
- Brightness: 500 (CD/M2)
- Screen Size: 7″ LCD Mirror Monitor
- Storage temperature: (-)20 to +65 C-degree
- System: PAL & NTSC Auto Switching
- Power Supply: DC 10-36V
- Power Consumption: less than 7W
- Operating Temperature: (-)10 to +65 C-degree
Specification Dual Camera Cable
- Length: 2 x 8m Lengths
- Connection: Dual 4 Pin Avation Style Plugs
- Waterproof: Heavy Duty WaterProof Cables with Shields
Q: My caravan is longer than 8m so do not think the cable of 8m for the caravan will be long enough?
A: No problem at all just also purchase an extra 8m length and these just screw to join together. See it here
Q: Will the rear view camera and reverse camera suit the views I need?
A: Yes both cameras have different viewing angles in them and focal points so it is matched to be a reverse camera and a rear view camera.
Q: If I do not use the monitor here what can I use?
A: If you already have a monitor you can use that or if you have one of our after market head units you can put it into this.
Q: Can I have the reverse camera showing on my head unit and the rear view camera on the rear view mirror screen?
A: Yes this is possible but please get in touch with us and we can explain how to do it.
Q: Can I install this myself?
A: You sure can but depends on your level of skills. Below outline the rough steps:
- Place camera on caravan at the rear at the top. This will required it to be screwed in or mounted with some option like this.
- Run the cable from the camera to the A frame of caravan so this is usually taken over the top or underneath and then you can run it down into caravan to get it to the lower part of caravan this will depend of caravan build or you can just run it down on the outside.
- Mount the coil cable of rear of vehicle and caravan. This is just down with screws.
- Run the cable from the rear of vehicle to dash.
- Plug in the monitor to the power.